Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Twelve Days to India

12 Days until take off.

TWELEVE. As in, I could sing a Christmas song to count down. (On the twelfeth day to India my true love gave to me! A polio & hepatitis vaccine.) 

As in, less than 2 weeks.

As in, panic and excitement and MORE shots plus trying to keep doing day to day things while preparing for the trip of a lifetime.

Can you tell I'm feeling a bit crazed?!

I am so excited for this journey. And scared at the same time. It has all been super chaotic.

I've had to remind myself to just breathe.

Life gets hectic, and you have to remember to breathe and be and listen to your body.

I am not very good at that. I am getting better.

I think the emotional upheaval is harder than the physical upheaval.

This weekend I really felt how much an emotional day can affect you physically.

My brother got married this weekend. I was SO happy for him. He was just glowing and giddy with joy for his new bride. But with weddings come emotions. Lots and lots and lots of emotions. Mostly happy, but sometimes there is family tensions. Sometimes there is contention and drama.

I do my best to not be a part of any of the drama, but just simply being in the midst of it can drain you.

That was this weekend. They had the ceremony way to early Saturday morning. The reception and the dinner had been the night before. As soon as pictures were done I was off, taking siblings to change, keeping my little sisters from fighting over who has to sit in the middle.

Once I got back to my Aunt's house, where I am staying until we leave, I just crashed. Exhaustion in every form. I spent Sunday just trying to recover. I slept and ate and then slept some more.

Since then, I have been trying to take care of myself a little better. I've gone on two walks today, yoga and meditation last night. Drinking water. Sometimes we just have to slow down and take care of ourselves.

Don't forget. Get outside. Take some deep breaths. Sleep. Smile. Laugh. Cry. Live. Slowly.

I have twelve crazy days left, but I want to enjoy every single one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment