Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Hardest Part of Going to India

I can't remember the last time I was this tired. Honestly, SO tired.

You see, we moved out of the apartment yesterday for our subletters. It is harder than you'd think to move out just your "personal" stuff to make room for someone else. It was important to me that they didn't feel like they were living on top of our stuff. I wanted them to feel at home, while surrounded by our stuff. Does that make sense?

Any who, I didn't leave the house until after 1:00 am. I didn't fall asleep until almost 3:00 am. And, the hardest part of all, I had to say good by to this sweet face:


Some may judge,please don't, but I really love my cat. She is my furbaby. She likes to sleep with me, she loves to cuddle me. She just plain old loves me. And I love her. A lot. I take a ton of pictures of my cat, and I wouldn't give her up for anything. So to leave her in the care of someone else... it hurt.

What hurt the most was being unable to explain to her what was going on. I mean, I talk to her all the time (no judging!) but I know she doesn't understand why everything was moved out and around, and why we aren't there. And then these people are going to show up....

I mean, I trust these people to care for her. If I didn't they wouldn't be watching her. Trust me. But... I know she will be fed and stuff. But what if they don't understand her? What if they don't let her cuddle them like she wants? What if I come home and she isn't the cuddly, sweet cat I left? I will cry.

So, this is my sad, and to some pathetic, heartache today. Those with pets will understand. I'm so grateful she will be safe and in good hands. I just miss her already.

This is the hardest part for me, leaving her. I know that the adventure will be worth it. But it doesn't really feel like it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment