Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Humbled



I didn't know that this morning was going to be extraordinary. I should have been tipped off when I spent 15 minutes looking for my keys, only to find them in the ignition of my unlocked car. (Totally not my fault this time guys! Hubby and moved the car to work on his motorcycle and then forgot about the keys....)

What I am trying to say is that I had no idea. It was a typical morning, dragging myself out of bed only because the cat wouldn't stop licking my face until I fed her. It was normal (except for the whole keys part, but I digress.) And then, I log into my email. It has been filled with loving, kind, supportive, gratitude filled messages. Facebook has been full of the same.

And I just sat there. And got all teary eyed. I looked down at my Cap'n Crunch and marveled at the fact that a few vulnerable words could touch so many other people. That in opening up and saying all that I am afraid of, I had managed to find a sisterhood who felt the same.

It is just.... astounding. Awe-inspiring. Humbling.

Somehow, My Real Yoga Body read and then SHARED my post. And people actually read it!

It looks like a practice that is all about self acceptance is full of people who fill like they don't belong. No matter what you look like or your skill level or what, a lot of us feel like frauds. And so it looks like we are all in the RIGHT place. Doing yoga. On our mats.

Everyone, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my gratitude filled, overwhelmed heart.

What I have found is that WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!! We belong to each other. We are all connected because we are all broken. And you know what happens when we have broken hearts? As Ellen would say,

"When your heart is broken, when you have cracks in your heart…it lets the light in." -Ellen DeGeneres

And that is why we all belong to each other. The light shines through our cracks and we all come together to shine so bright that we are all made whole.

Now, if you would excuse me, I am going to go and do a crazy, happy, gratitude dance.


(I really couldn't chose between the two... So I gave you both. You're welcome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment