Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

It Is All About Love

I have recently had the great privilege of learning more about adoption and the great impact it has on people's lives. Both adoptive parents and birth parents have entered my life, and I can not be happier or more grateful for the experience.

My sister in law, the wonderful Julianne from Made By Jewls adopted a little baby boy this week. And he is the most precious, beautiful baby you have ever seen. I was so happy to see her filled with joy and love at her sweet little boy. During her adoption process I also had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know the birth mom. She was such a strong and sweet and wonderful woman. I can't even begin to tell you how incredible she is, and her whole family for that matter.

I know that so many people have had to struggle with infertility and the long road to adoption. I've seen many tears shed for children that never seem to come to couples just aching to hold their babies. I know a lot of people are hoping to adopt, and I know that the best way to help them is to spread the word.

So, today, I would like to introduce you to Jenna and David.



Jenna is like a sister to me. She is the person I turn to for advice, for a laugh, for understanding. She has quickly become one of my best friends. There are so many things I could tell you about how she is the sweetest person in the world. But I will have to settle for just a few of them.

Jenna is always, and I mean always, involved in some kind of volunteer work. Whenever we get a chance to chat I get to hear about how passionate she is about the many organizations she is involved in. From the Big Brother, Big Sister organization to Blessings in a Basket, Jenna is always looking for ways to help others. Something I admire most? She is deeply involved in helping birth mom's lead the best lives possible. She understands how complex and often painful adoption can be for birth moms, and she is there supporting them as best she can.

She contributes often to Big Tough Girl blog, a place for dedicated to the birth mom community. But enough about how selfless she is (you make us all look bad Jenna) let's talk about my other favorite part about Jenna. Her personality.

Jenna has the BEST sense of humor and can always make me laugh. Like.... really laugh. Here let me show you

Obviously, they are both pretty awesome. Like... really awesome.

Let's not forget her other half! Meet David (in his own words no less!)
"Hi! I'm David and I wanted to give you an idea who I am. Forgive me if this sounds stiff or cheesy! I was born in Maryland , raised in NJ & graduated from college with a degree in education. I love singing in the choir (I'm planning on joining the choir at our church!) playing board games, traveling and trying new things. I have 1 cat, Snala-Wallaby, and I love to pet her little nose because she curls up in my lap and purrs!  I LOVE going to hockey games, football games, baseball games..any game really!
In case you were wondering, yes that is David trying to walk a cat. He has some mad skills.
 
I am the "behind the scenes" kind of guy. I don't want to be in the spotlight or responsible for public speaking. (I let Jenna handle all of that!! She's too outgoing! She will talk to ANYONE!!) I want to be the one making sure that all the work is done correctly and everything is ready." 

Something I have found interesting when talking to several different Big Tough Girls (also known as birth moms) they have often said (not always, but several have commented) that the reason they choose the family that they did for their baby was because of the dad. I know that David would be the best dad ever.

So, after all of this, what I am asking is that you visit their profile and pass their information along. They have been on one heart wrenching journey after another to complete their family. I think it is time they found their Happily Ever After: Baby Edition.

 Visit their profile here:
http://kingadoption.blogspot.com
And their facebook profiles here and here

(linking up with Friends Connect Blog Hop)

No comments:

Post a Comment