Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Two Years Ago Today

Dear Husband,



Two years ago today, I walked into the Salt Lake Temple a little late (as usual). You were pacing back and forth in the lobby, and the look of relief on your face when you saw me was priceless. That little look told me that I was most definitely marrying the man of my dreams. And that you, by some miracle, wanted to marry me as well.



That day was a blur. A blur of happiness, of the start of forever, of small mishaps, awesome pictures and a luncheon with close friends and family where I didn't eat a single bite. My dad wrote and sang a beautiful song and everybody cried. Your brothers each spoke and said some beautiful things. My family said some beautiful things. But honestly... I don't really remember all of it because I was so wrapped up in the new feeling of being your wife.



These past two years have held some crazy times. Crazy good, crazy hard, crazy bad. But it has always been worth it. Always. We made it through nine months of being apart while you served our country. We made it through moving four times. We made it through me working eight different jobs. You survived my cooking mishaps, and I learned to not panic when you were driving. You've gotten used to my OCD about the bed sheets and blankets. I've learned to not interrupt an intense game of Medal of Honor. We have learned that playing MarioKart is a good way to decide who is right (you... always. Because I suck at that game.)



We've been to Disney World, Disney Land, Six Flags, San Francisco, Monterey, Arizona, Las vegas and many pit stops on our move to and from California. You took me to my first rock concert, and I took you to your first opera. I watch action movies so that I can bury my face in your shoulder (I love how you instinctively pull me closer when something scary happens). You watch chick flicks so that we can cuddle (and sometimes you even admit to liking them, but I won't tell. That is our little secret.) We have enriched each others lives.

I can't wait for all of our adventures: traveling the world, law school, having kids, pretending to be grown ups. Our life looks amazing from here. And no matter what happens, I will be grateful that it happened while I was with you.







You have changed me. You have helped me reach goals I thought impossible. You have loved me more than I thought possible. You have sacrificed for my happiness, and made me happier than I thought possible. Thank you for "jumping" into marriage with me  two years ago. I can't wait to spend the rest of forever with you.








Love always,
Your Wife


(linking up with: Tell me Tuesday, Loving Lately, Flock Together and GFC)

9 comments:

  1. What a touching tribute! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is too sweet! Sounds like you guys have already had quite the adventurous first two years! I'm coming up on my 2nd anniversary in a couple weeks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy two years! I love the pictures!
    -Melanie

    P.S. I'm hosting a Shabby Apple $50 giveaway on my blog! You should check it out here: http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is precious!!!! Stopping by from the Loving Lately link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wedding and such a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary girl! Sounds like you and your hubs have been through a lot in the last two years (8 jobs? moving 4 times!? 9 months apart!?) Goodness, what a strong woman you are! And it sounds like you have a pretty fabulous man by your side as well!

    ReplyDelete