Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Some Gratitudes

I can't believe it is November! I may or may not be freaking out a little...

But, if I take the time to slow down and really think about all the wonderful things that are happening. You know, take the time to smile and be grateful, then it doesn't seem so crazy.

Take Halloween.

My husband and I didn't dress up. Didn't carve pumpkins. Hardly anything made yesterday more special than any other regular Wednesday.

I went running. Which was awesome. I pushed hard and did an extra mile in good time (I'm paying for it today though). I went to the library for some research. And I went to the grocery store.

Jealous, right?

However, there were little moments that made yesterday special.

While I was running (we have this awesome track that goes around a huge park, I love it to pieces) children and their families started crossing the park to get to different neighborhoods. As I passed one family I heard a little boy tell his mom, "Mom, why didn't you go as a runner this year? They seem cool!"

SCORE! I was in costume, burning calories and improving my state of mind all at the same time.

I found an awesome book for my research that wasn't available before. It is really going to help my thesis.

I attempted to make Halloween a little bit different for any other day by making some incredible cookies:

These were all of the ingredients. So easy to make and delicious!
Recipe:  2 Boxes of Spice cake mix
1 Large can of Pumpkin stuff
12 ox Chocolate chips
Mix all together and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

We watched Dark Shadows with some of my in-laws while I made cookies. And then I ate those cookies with a chocolate protein shake for breakfast this morning (and yesterday morning):


Sometimes I just have to remind myself that as crazy as life is, it is still beautiful. It is still good.

I have so much to look forward too! Our anniversary is this Tuesday. It will be the first time we get to spend our anniversary together (what with him being gone last year with the military). I got him an incredible anniversary gift. I am so excited to give it to him I can hardly stand it.

And then it is my youngest sister's birthday. That little girl and I have a special bond. I am so excited for her to grow up! But at the same time... it broke my heart a little that when we went to the movie theater she didn't want to sit on my lap. She wanted her own chair. And she was finally big enough to keep it from folding up and putting her knees up around her ears. I miss my little girl... But she is turning into one beautiful kid!
This is the little angel when she was about one year old.
Look at those lashes

And near the end of the month it is my birthday (and Thanksgiving) on the same day... I'm still trying not to be a party pooper about that. Some think it would be cool to have your birthday on Thanksgiving day. I am not one of those people.

Lots going on this month. I should be defending my thesis right before my birthday (and Thanksgiving. My birthday is wwwaaaayyyy more important though). 

What are you looking forward to this November?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you post such positive things and that you have so much to look forward to! Of course I'm excited for November this year more than any other year! It's my daughter's first birthday and I've been preparing for this day for months esp since it's the princess party I have always wanted! I also am so excited to have Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday! Not only does it have my favorite meal of all time but it also is great to reflect back on all that I'm thankful for (not to mention being with family part, the parade and football) Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading what you wrote reminded me of a friend. I thought you might enjoy reading her book.

    PURSUIT OF PASSIONATE PURPOSE
    Success Strategies for a Rewarding Personal and Business Life

    http://www.pursuitofpassionatepurpose.com/

    All the best,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete