Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gratitudinal

Isn't this time of year just a little crazy? I wish it wasn't. I mean... I love the family time, the good food and seeing people, but I wish it wasn't stressful. I think that is one of the reasons I try to get my Christmas shopping done as far in advance as humanly possible.

But that isn't what I want to talk about. 

What I want to talk about is my birthday!

I LOVE my birthday. I think it should be a national holiday. Sadly, this year it is a national holiday. Only it is a holiday about being grateful, and pilgrims and eating yourself sick... and it is my birthday. I was actually born on Thanksgiving day (my poor mother). It has been on my birthday several times since then (and every single time, my mom has been in the hospital or just released from the hospital. I am watching her like a hawk (Do you hear me mother?! NO HOSPITAL TRIPS THIS YEAR!!!!)

That's my mom, in the blue :) (Obviously)

As a Thanksgiving baby I feel like it is part of my calling to be as grateful as possible for everything. I am horrible at this... I wish that some good fairies had blessed me at birth with a heart over flowing with gratitude.

But they didn't. (Drat.)

My wonderful, incredible, HOTT husband!
However, I think that being grateful is more than just an attitude, it is a way of life. I believe that if we are truly grateful for the food we have, we will try to share it with those who have less. If we are deeply grateful for the wonderful man we married, then we will treat him with respect and love and do our best to lift him up. If we are humbly grateful for the love of God in our lives, then we will try to be an open conduit of God's love to others.


photo source


Gratitude is a lifestyle. And like healthy eating, "green" living or a pirate way of life, it takes dedication and practice and forgiveness. We have to forgive the times we are greedy, rededicate ourselves to gratitude and love and practice, practice, practice. (I am not entirely sure how a pirate forgives because as far as I can tell they just end up sword fighting and somebody walks the plank, but you catch my drift).



I am going to try and live a grateful life. It's one of those every day things. 

So today I am grateful for:
All forms of cold medicine 
Down Comforters
Cough drops
Fritos
Beautiful Sunsets
A job
An awesome boss
My husband
My mom







2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! You share a birthday with my little sister, but this is the first time it's been Thanksgiving on her birthday!
    And cough drops are amazing when you have a sore throat...so they're definitely something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you and your learning to be thankful heart. 'hope your mom stayed hospital free this time 'round.

    Aloha,

    Stopping by to follow ya from the Monday link up. How sweet it is to discover another beautiful blogging voice. We are riding the wave of life at Local Sugar Hawaii and I would so love it if you'd join us for the fun. The door is always open for ya, stop by anytime, if you please.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete