Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Let the Stripes Begin!

So this Wednesday has been a little crazy. My first draft of my thesis was due today. I went to the doctor and got some shots that made me woozy (and sleepy. Like I slept pretty much the entire afternoon sleepy). But I lived through it. You just get a late post :) Oh well. Better late than never.

So, this week I really embraced my love of stripes and polka dots. Seriously. Take a look:
Best striped scarf ever! Bought it on sale at Down East Basics.
 The dress is actually a sun dress. I bought it earlier this ear (like February earlier) at Target. However, I love using sun dresses and transitioning them for Fall/Winter by using layering, leggings and long sleeve shirts.













                                                                                                                                                                                     
My favorite owl accessorie. Seriously, I love this belt!
I also got it at Target.








This scarf is a staple in my wardrobe. I use it with a lot of my stripped sweaters just for a fun pop of color. (And, of course, I bough it at Target.) The earrings are made by my incredible Sister in law Julianne from madebyjewls.



 This is one of my all time favorite sweaters. I got it from H&M for only $14.00! It is super comfy and perfect for cool weather. The tree necklace is something I made (and occasionally sell. Let me know if you are interested!) and I got the earrings from Forever 21 :)


I am really enjoying transitioning my wardrobe into Fall. Of course, I never know what the weather is going to be like, so layering is a must. And, my office is always freezing cold. So I have been dressing for a blizzard when I go into work. Usually that just means a sweater over the sweater I am already wearing. Whatevs.

So... this is the part where I would try to talk about something meaningful. But I got some shots today and they have made me incredibly tired. So instead, I am going to go to bed now like a reasonable human being.

I hope you have had a wonderful week thus far! And I want to know, do you wear a lot of stripes or polkadots? And if you do, how do you incorporate them into your wardrobe?

(Linking up with Lindsey and Two Thirty-Five Designs)

2 comments:

  1. Both polka dots and stripes are loveable...I even like them together. Your fall sundress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am finding that most of my wardrobe now has stripes or polka dots incorporated somewhere. And I love it!

      Delete