Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Holy Crap Batman, We are Going to Disneyland!

Wanna hear something awesome? I made it through this week alive. 

Yes, this constitutes as being awesome. Pretty much because it has been on interesting week. Like, going to Instacare after work and living on advil kind of interesting. ( No worries, I am fine now. Promise.) You know, mountains of homework just trying to drown you kind of week.

But, on the whole, considering the usual "without-ness" (i.e. no phone, no car, no house of my own) lots of good happened this week.

1. WE WON A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!

I am NOT kidding. We won a trip to Disneyland from 101.9 The End . So. Freaking. Excited.


You guys don't even understand. This place makes me so happy. This is where we went on our Honeymoon. And I am just so darn grateful because Last year Stephen missed our FIRST anniversary (kind of a big deal). He was serving with the military, and he was gone. It was devastating. (He also missed by 21st birthday and Thanksgiving and Halloween. Bummer, right?)


I really feel like God blessed us with this whole trip. You see, we are going back to Disneyland for our 2 Year Anniversary. We really, really wanted to go. But we weren't sure we could make it work out financially. But thanks to that blessed radio station, we can!

I don't think this could have come at a better time. Stephen was gone for so long and he missed so much. I remember the night of our first anniversary, he was gone. I couldn't even hear his voice. I kept on pushing the arm of my bear where he had put a voice chip from Build-A-Bear telling me how much he loved me. I cried myself to sleep, with no one to comfort me but my cat. There were many times I didn't know how I was going to make it through this past year. But we did it!

And look what God gave us in the end? It isn't very often that sacrifice, bravery and service get rewarded. But I think that thanks to 101.9 The End, we will get to make up for all the memories we missed.

All I can say is thank you. Thank you to our friends and family who supported us through so much heartache. Thank you to my husband for being so brave, strong and kind. And thank you to a radio station that just thought they were doing some promotional give away. You guys gave us a truly wonderful gift.



2.
Ask anyone, I love marshmallows. These are awesome. I have a bag of them hidden in my desk and I snack on them throughout the day. Healthy? No. Delicious? Yes. WIN!

3. I got to go on an impromptu shopping trip to Target with my awesome sister in law Julianne (she is the one who makes my cute button earrings I am always wearing AND you get to hear from her next week!). Our husbands, her dad and a cousin were watching Act of Valor. Neither of us could stomach that movie (I haven't been able to watch a single war movie since Stephen joined the army. Talk about serious anxiety on my end. I get horrible nightmares just overhearing the movies). So, we went to Target to buy orange juice. Of course, she came back with orange juice and I came back with the above mentioned marshmallows, an awesome new lip color and the most adorable blue dress. (Pictures coming soon, I promise.) It was definitely better than watching a war movie!

This is the dress. It looks better on... but still, here it is. And it was on sale for $9.00!!!


4. Please don't tell anyone, but all this homework I am doing? I am actually enjoying it. If only there was a little less of it... It would be slightly easier. But I am loving the topic. I have a posts in the works about several things I have read and how it applies today. (I am studying American Women's History from 1865-1980s). I have been learning a lot about so many things! It explains the dynamics, expectations and behavior of women today. I guess knowing the past really is the best way to understand the present and predict the future.

5. And two incredible guest posts. Seriously, these guys rocked my world! If you missed them check them out here and here. You won't regret reading these wonderful stories of success, acceptance and going after your dreams.

It has been a fantastic week! I am so excited for the many adventures ahead (I have another post coming that has some pretty big news. At least, big news for me.)

One last thing to be excited about: It is DATE NIGHT! I love going on dates with my husband. Even though we kind of see a lot of each other (usually at least one of us is doing homework or working on something else) this is our one time a week where we get to focus in only on each other. And we try to not talk about stressful things. No work talk here. It is happy time! I don't know what we are doing tonight, but I am pretty excited about it. I love that guy.



(Linking up with Lauren and Carina!)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the trip to Disneyland! I have never been to a Disney park, but have put it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I highly recommend going to Disneyland at least once in your life. It is the best place to be a kid again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy *and jealous* you won a trip to Disneyland! what a great opportunity you and your husband have to relive your honeymoon! I'm so happy things in life are going well! that's great you enjoy the daily things in your life-the homework you have to do and date nights with your husband! Hope things can continue to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete