Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Finding Finds when I Found a New Thrift Shop!

So I know it's been a lllloooooonnnnnngggg time. I'm sorry. But just wait until you hear why. You see, between Finals/ my husband graduation in AZ/ packing my house/ moving to California/ unpacking/ getting deathly ill and just trying to adjust I've just had a bit of a hard time getting some posts up.

But! I'm back! And, I finally had a chance to get my bearings. What does this mean? I went shopping!

Now, when I went out today I just needed to get out of the house. I dropped my husband off at work and went to the mall. I was planning on buying movie tickets (which I forgot to buy... And just bought online cause I really want to see that movie). Well I got distracted by the giant (and I mean giant) Forever 21 across the street. I went in looking for a purse. I tried on 4 or 5 things (only fell in love with one of them, but just couldn't justify buying it).

And then it hit me. I am living in a new, rather affluent area. It was time to go to my native turf. It was time to find a thrift store.

And, thanks to google maps, I did just that! I found myself a nice little Goodwill. And, for the price of that one dress I got a floor mat, a pair of shoes, a dress, two shirts and a skirt. I kid you not.

But it didn't happen by magic. Want to see how many things went into the dressing room with me?

You can't tell, but that's like 14 different things.


Remember how I said that you have to try on a lot of things sometimes to find those thrift store treasures. (Don't remember me saying that? Then you might want to read up on some thrifting rules.)


The rejects.

The Finds!
I can't wait to show you what I found! I have a few awesome finds I can't wait to show you. And one project dress that is going to be something pretty amazing when I'm done with it.

Thanks for all your patience! I can't wait to continue our adventures. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

If you want to share your thrift store finds go ahead and post them to my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment