Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Adjusting

Hey guys.

I know it's been a while.

Again.

Sorry about that.

You see, I've been having trouble adjusting. You'd think that I would have this whole adjusting thing down. In fact, with the many moves and changes in my life you would think that I was quite the pro at adjusting.

I'm not. And it's hard to admit it through my clenched grin-and-bear-it toothy grimace-for-a-grin.

So many things hit me so quickly! Finals, Stephen's graduation, moving (I had one day to pack my house, and I spent the entire day with the stomach flu. It was a day of disasters and miracles. A day that seemed to be half me throwing up, half filled with incredible people and 3/4 filled with exhaustion.), unpacking and getting the worst chest cold I've ever had.

But you know what, I am with my husband once again.

You heard me.

STEPHEN IS HOME!

And, in the end, I guess it's all totally worth it. Sure I am in a new city that seems to always be cold. But the views are great! The beach is five minutes away! (only a crazier-person-than-me would attempt to get in that water though. It's so cold it'd freeze a corn dog right out of the fryer.)

Yeah I don't know anyone yet. But that's ok. I like new people. I'll make friends!

And sure, I'm a wee bit bored. I don't have a job and Stephen works all day. My house has never been cleaner. And I get to work on my creative endeavors (whatever they are...)

And! I get to be with my husband once again.

I can't tell you how incredible it is to actually know that at the end of the day, my husband is going to be walking through our door. Or that I don't have to worry about saying goodbye soon. He is here to stay! And I no longer have to sleep with one eye open in case anything happens in the night. I can fall asleep in the arms of the man who has promised to love and protect me for the rest of eternity. I will never again take for granted the security that comes from knowing that he is only 15 minutes away.

So, if you have the chance, go make sure you aren't taking the one person who makes the world go round for granted. You have them now. And you may have them forever. But you never know how long they will be in your present. So make enough memories now to last for the future, and build a past that can help you through whatever tomorrow might hold. You have today to say I love you, and forever to remember how it felt when you were embraced in their arms as they said, "I love you too."



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging again! It's great to read your posts! You truly have a gift for writing! I'm so sorry that things are a bit rough adjusting! Life is full of adjustments and it seems that no matter how many we go through, each change is difficult! Thankfully, this period won't last forever but in the meantime it's tough but I know you can handle this! You've handled one of the most difficult periods of your life with your husband gone-I know you can handle this too! I'm so happy you have your husband again! It's a great feeling knowing you will see him at the end of the day! I know I've said this before but I'm always here if you ever need anything! love ya!

    ReplyDelete