Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Day of Miracles



Yesterday was my One Year Anniversary. And it was a day full of miracles. Even though my husband could not be here to celebrate with me I felt his presence in every moment. The Lord watched out for us both. The only way it could have been better would be if we could have been together.

It started out with a simple phone call. A phone call that I had prayed for all week long. But this phone call was a true miracle. You see, his whole Company had lost phone privileges. (I'm not sure as to why... but when I find out who messed this up.... well let's just say I will make their Drill Sergeant's look like fluffy teddy bears). Yup. I am not supposed to expect a phone call for the rest of his training. And yet, here was my phone ringing! I looked at the number and saw that it was a Missouri number. I immediately jumped to the awful conclusion that something was horribly wrong and they were calling me to say Stephen had been hurt. But no. I answered the phone and heard the most wonderful voice in the whole wide world: My husband!!!


You see, when he found out he had lost phone privileges he prayed and prayed that a way would be provided for him to call me. We both live for those phone calls, but it was especially important since it was our anniversary. So, when he walked into Church, the bishop just looked at him and said, "You need to use my phone, don't you?" And that wonderful man let Stephen use his phone to call and wish me a Happy Anniversary. I had five minutes of heaven. Nothing really beats hearing your husband's voice. It was so beautiful and wonderful! What a blessing.

Our Life Is Always and Adventure!

Well, we get off the phone and I get ready for church. After Sunday school a lady introduced me to her daughter-in-law and son. The son had just returned from a deployment a few months ago. I talked with his wife for a while and we both talked about how hard it is to have our husbands gone, when he walked over and started chatting with me. 

When he found out Stephen was gone, he put his hand on my shoulder and said, "How are you really doing? I know you Army Wives put on brave faces, but I want to know what is really going on. Are you ok?" I, of course, promptly started to tear up and cry. I choked out it was my anniversary. He just looked at me for a second. And then he gave me this big hug.

"I know your soldier can't be here, so here is a hug from another soldier who understands."



I. Lost. It. Totally just started crying. Someone knew and understood how heartbreaking it was to be away from the most important person in my life. Someone could see and understand my pain. And one soldier stepped in to help another soldier who was far away from home and ensure that his wife would be ok. I will forever be grateful for the man and woman who stepped in to let me know that I was not alone. I hope that someday, I can do the same thing for another woman in need. 


Later that night I had dinner with my In-Laws. When I arrived there was beautiful bouquet of red roses waiting for me. I have never seen prettier flowers any where! With them was a note that said, "I will love you until the last rose dies." There was a silk rose among the live ones. Yes. I am married to the best man in the whole universe. Just sayin'.
 

But! That isn't even the end of it. So, we are all eating dinner when I get a text from a number I don't recognize. It says, "Happy Anniversary from your husband." Stephen had tracked down someone in another company with phone access, gave them my phone number and that sweet soldier had taken the time out of his limited phone time to text me. This soldier made sure I knew that Stephen wouldn't be able to call me. He said that Stephen really wanted to make sure I had a good day.

My husband had used every resource available to him to make sure I had a good day even though he couldn't be there. I can not believe to what lengths he went to ensure I knew how loved I was. He did everything he could. When faced with this incredible man and all of his love, I don't know what to do. I know that I will work forever to try and be the woman he deserves and will probably always come up short. 


Marrying Stephen was the greatest thing I could ever do. He is everything I could ask for and more. Nothing will ever compare to the love he gives me. I love this man more than I can say. I am so grateful for the beautiful gifts from above that ensured that while we may be apart, nothing will ever take away the love we have. Time and distance will only make us stronger. 

So, Happy Anniversary to the most amazing man I've ever known. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love your post! It was so beautifully written and I love the pictures! You are such a great writer! I'm so thankful Heavenly Father has watched over you and taken care of you through His tender mercies! What a beautiful story of how a soldier and his wife could comfort you! I know you are already influencing people with your strength!
    Seriously, I totally admire you! It's hard enough for me to handle Stacy's work shift and being without him for hours but the fact that you handle days and months without your man is truly inspiring! Not that it's easy at all-I can't even imagine how hard it is! I completely admire you! I always have and the way you handle even the toughest situations is so inspiring! Way to be! Keep up the good work! I love ya! I hope you have more wonderful days to come!

    ReplyDelete